Visiting the Mosque
Central Jamia Mosque Ghamkol Sharif, receives a high volume of visitors from local schools, colleges, government offices and the armed forces as well as tourists from around the world. The visits are by people who wish to further enhance their understanding of Islam.
A Visit to The Mosque, should be booked in advance by email, post, telephone or in person (please refer to the the "Contact Us" page). The preferred visiting times are between 9:00 am to 12:00 pm (Monday to Thursday).
A visit to the mosque usually consists of the following:
- A guided tour of the Mosque building, by a faith guide
- An introduction to the Islamic faith
- Q & A
All visitors are requested to:
- To dress modestly
- Not to bring any food or drinks into the Mosque
- To respect the peace and quietness of the Mosque
- To remove their shoes in specified areas
- To dispose of litter properly
- There is NO smoking in the Mosque or in the courtyard
- Abide by the rules displayed around the Mosque building